2.08.2012

So...What's new?!?!

Well, I know you're sick of hearing how busy we are so I'll just say its life as normal around here! I am nannying again, so that's new!  I am watching 6 month old twin girls for our dear friends Marcus and Jess.  They are Kaley and Elise and they're awesome!  They were born premature but have overcome their hurdles and are doing great now!  All smiles and giggles unless they're hungry or tired!  The biggest issue is "Charlie the baby-licker" who doesn't understand why he can taste the girls and lay very, very close to them to get my attention!  He's learning slowly though and I'm hoping that over time he will get bored of them.

Ty has been playing basketball this winter and really enjoying it!  Its not baseball though!  It didn't come naturally to him at first but now he's doing much better and looks like he knows what he's doing!  He team is made up of some of the boys from his all-star team so of course they have a great time.  They've been in 4 tournaments so far and have taken 2nd place in 3 of them.  Baseball starts in a couple of weeks and we're all excited about that (Donnie and I would much rather be at the baseball park than a gym filled with sweaty 10 yr olds).  Ty has 2 more quarters at school and then he's off to middle school! CRAZY! He will go to a new school then but it looks like most of his classmates will be going to the the same middle school.  It was nice having his school on our street so he could walk, but we will have to drive him to the new school or he'll have to take the bus.

Donnie is busy planning our spring outreach retreat, All Access, for middle school and high school.  Its our biggest retreat of the year and its happing in just a couple of weeks.  He has also made 2 new hires recently that he's really excited about!  He will have his own admin assistant now, Kimberly, which will be awesome!  He's never had a personal assistant to himself before and I think he will totally benefit from it ;)  He's also hired a guy just out of college, Jackson.  He'll be helping pull off the weekend services and events.  Donnie is so happy to finally have his own team (middle school and high school were sharing a few people until now so we have two focused teams which will be much better).

We are waiting notification for USCIS regarding our Green Card application.  It was officially filed in December.  We should be hearing something in the next couple of months to give us Work Authorization.  This means that Donnie can work for anyone (we're not thinking of leaving Hope but its a better Visa than that one we have now, more permanent) and I can finally "legally" work!  The next step will be getting approved for the actual Green Cards which we probably won't hear anything until after the summer.  They say those applications take 6-9 months.  Once we have those it means we are permanent American residents, this status won't expire, we can travel in and out of the US whenever we please and we can live and work anywhere.  This is what we've been waiting 12 years for!! I think we've been patient enough!

Here are a few pics of the girls, they're adorable!  We love you all, sorry I don't keep this blog more current!

Kaley and Elise
Kaley

Charlie pushing the boundaries!
Standing guard!

Ty had a urological surgery in January and
this is in post-op with his popsicle.  He did
well and the dr was happy with the results.
Ty at basketball with his 2nd place medal.



Donnie turned 39 in January! He requested
cherry pie & apple crisp instead of cake!



No comments: